A commitment to inclusion and support
Our Bay Area location provides access to some of the most progressive resources available in Oakland and San Francisco, and some of the largest LGBTQ+ communities in the country.
On campus, we offer community members an inclusive and welcoming environment and a range of resources, including:
- The Mills Institute: The mission of the newly created Mills Institute is to develop female and gender nonbinary leaders and support BIPOC, first-generation, and LGBTQ+ students to become agents of change through academic programs, experiential learning, and community partnerships.
- The Center for Leadership, Equity, and Excellence: Provides educational spaces and social events that bring awareness to the campus community on how to be in solidarity with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning, intersex, asexual, and two-spirit people.
- The LGBTQIA2S Lounge: A dedicated space for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and two-spirit students to come together.
- The student-run Community Health Resource Center: Provides information to address LGBTQ+-specific concerns and questions.
- LGBTIQ Alumnae/i of Mills College: An alum affinity group that facilitates mutual support among alumnae/i who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and/or queer/questioning while also supporting LGBTIQ-related programs and activities for students.
- Student clubs/affinity groups: These change from year to year, but typically include affinity groups for:
- Queer and questioning students of color
- Students with diverse gender identities and expressions
- LGBTQ+-identified students, straight allies, and others who want to support and advocate for the LGBTQ+- community
- Gender-inclusive restrooms: Available in residence halls and in buildings across campus.
Bay Area resources
The Trevor Project