Our on-campus Writing and Tutoring Center helps students succeed during college while building skills that prepare you for professional growth. The center is staffed by tutors who offer writing support for class assignments or subject-specific tutoring.
You can schedule up to two free one-on-one writing consultations per week (lasting from 45 minutes to one hour) for support on class papers or creative writing projects. If you have a letter on file with Student Access and Support Services or if you’re an English language learner, you may sign up for more sessions. (Note: sessions must be scheduled on different days.)
Consultations will help you learn how to:
- Brainstorm and develop ideas
- Build a strong thesis
- Outline and organize papers
- Express your ideas in clear language
- Improve your grammar and punctuation
- Use style and tone effectively
- Hone your editing and proofreading skills
- Cite evidence and sources appropriately
If you need help with your coursework, take advantage of our peer tutoring program. You can receive up to three hours of free tutoring per subject each week for courses that have available tutors.
Peer tutors can help you:
- Explore subject concepts
- Discuss difficult questions/topics
- Master your subject material
- Improve your study or exam-taking skills
Peer tutors offer appointment hours throughout the week. They are not available during school breaks, holidays, reading days, or final exams. Be sure to confirm your appointment with your tutor 24 hours before the scheduled time.