Sports and Recreation
Our Oakland campus offers a wide variety of sports and recreation activities that take advantage of our verdant grounds and facilities including a 10-lane swimming pool, tennis courts, soccer field, and hiking trail. Thanks to the San Francisco Bay Area’s mild, Mediterranean-like climate, you can enjoy these outdoor resources almost all year-round. Indoor facilities include our newly refurbished fitness center and Haas Gymnasium.
You’ll also be able to learn about the greater Bay Area through excursions to regional and national parks, museums and science centers, and famous historic locations—giving you and your classmates plenty of opportunities for adventure.
While sports and recreation change with the seasons and student interests, following is a selection of recent sports and recreation activities that Oakland students have enjoyed.
- Club sports: climbing, golf, lacrosse, swimming, tennis, and ultimate frisbee
- Intramural sports: badminton, basketball, chess, ping pong, and soccer
- Drop-in games: badminton, dodgeball, soccer, and volleyball
- Group fitness classes: ballet workout, flow yoga, kickboxing, Pilates, and spinning drop-in classes and class series
- Esports: online games with groups or fellow Huskies around the globe for fun, competition, or stress relief
- California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco
- Civil rights history tour in Oakland
- Filipino cultural heritage tour in San Francisco
- Indigenous People’s Sunrise Gathering at Alcatraz Island
- Kayaking on the San Francisco Bay
- LGBTQ+ rights history tour in the Castro District
- Oakland Museum of California
- Whale watching in Monterey Bay
- Yosemite National Park
For the latest information on schedules and upcoming events, please visit our Campus Sports and Recreation website.